Resources and Videos
**Check our Calendar for information on proposal workshops, deadlines, and more events!**
Videos of UF humanities grant- and fellowship-writing workshops:
- “Practical Proposal-writing Workshop for the Humanities”, featuring Bess de Farber, UF Libraries Grants Manager. 9 November, 2011. Library West, University of Florida
- “Humanities Fellowships and Grants: An Introduction for Graduate Students”, presented by Prof. Bonnie Effros, Director and Rothman Chair, Center for the Humanities and the Public Sphere. 27 February 2012. Library West, University of Florida.
- “Humanities Fellowships and Grants: Strategies for Developing Competitive Graduate Proposals”, presented by Dr. Sophia Krzys Acord, Associate Director, Center for the Humanities and the Public Sphere. 27 February 2012. Library West, University of Florida.
- “2011 Grants and Fellowship Conference: Humanities Grants and Fellowships”, presented by Prof. Bonnie Effros. 13 May, 2011. Pugh Hall: UF Graduate School.
- “2013 NEH Budget Priorities and Funding Updates”, presented by Nadina Gardner, Director of the NEH Division of Preservation and Access”. 2012, November 20. Florida High Tech Corridor Council.
- “2013 Mellon International Dissertation Research Fellowship Application Webinar”, presented by the SSRC. 7 November, 2012.
- “Finding Your Way Through Fulbright”, presented by Maria Gahan, Fulbright Program Officer. 2016, Febraruy 15. Marston Science Library (L136), University of Florida.
- “Collaborative Grant-Seeking with Bess de Farber.” 12 February, 2016.
Useful readings on grant writing in the humanities:
- “A Detailed Guide to Writing Graduate Fellowship Applications in the Humanities”, a resource website created by Dr. Mickey Schafer. 7 February 2013. University Writing Program, University of Florida.
- Carlson, Maria. (1998) “Submitting a Grant Proposal Risks Benefits“. Hall Center for the Humanities, University of Kansas.
- Gillis, Christina M. (1993) “Strategies for Writing Persuasive Proposals in the Humanities”. Townsend Center for the Humanities, University of California, Berkeley. [pamphlet]
- Gillis, Christina M. (2008) “Writing Proposals for ACLS Fellowship Competitions“. American Council of Learned Societies.
- Lamont, Michèle, (2010) How Professors Think. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- McFadden, Bruce. (2010) “Broader Impacts and the Museum”. Florida Museum of Natural History: University of Florida. [PowerPoint]
- Sword, Helen. (2012) Stylish Academic Writing. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.